Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Tool for removing previous openjdk (java) installations

Started by armakolas, December 15, 2018, 01:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armakolas

Although more than one versions of openjdk-XX-jre-headless and openjdk-XX-jre can coexist in SparkyLinux, there exists no tool yet to easily remove the old versions. Each version requires 180mb of disk space, which is quite alot. I suppose that once the newer version is installed, the older is of no use anymore. I suggest that one more aptus tool, similar to the "old kernel remover" tool, could be provided for keeping our system cleaner. I do not know of any other way for the openjdk* files to be automaticaly removed.

NOUR

Quote from: armakolas on December 15, 2018, 01:00:31 AM
Although more than one versions of openjdk-XX-jre-headless and openjdk-XX-jre can coexist in SparkyLinux, there exists no tool yet to easily remove the old versions. Each version requires 180mb of disk space, which is quite alot. I suppose that once the newer version is installed, the older is of no use anymore. I suggest that one more aptus tool, similar to the "old kernel remover" tool, could be provided for keeping our system cleaner. I do not know of any other way for the openjdk* files to be automaticaly removed.

I totally agree, after the acceliration in the releases (one every 6 months), it starts to become very crowded with jdks.

View the most recent posts on the forum