Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Option to install without plymouth

Started by Otter, November 08, 2018, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otter

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this amazing distro.  :)

Everything is perfect except for plymouth as some users like me prefer to see the logs rather than the splashscreen.

I tried removing plymouth but it breaks lots of applications. So I request for an option in the advanced installer to install sparky without plymouth. Thanks.

lami07

Hi there. Thanks for feedback. I will pass your request to the dev team. In the meantime you can skip plymouth (and as a result bring logs up) by pressing Escape or Insert key.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

AxL

Quote from: Otter on November 08, 2018, 10:24:13 AM
Everything is perfect except for plymouth as some users like me prefer to see the logs rather than the splashscreen.

* Edit /etc/default/grub

* Comment this line:

#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

* And add this one:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

* Save the changes.

* sudo update-grub  and reboot ...

* Done!!!

Cheers!! :)
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

View the most recent posts on the forum