Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Great Distro!

Started by black-clover, September 14, 2018, 11:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black-clover

WOW!

I just wanted to congratulate you guys, Sparky Linux is Debian as it should be.
I've just installed it for the first time and it was a breeze, wonderful selection of apps, very very neat.
A completely different experience from Debian various installers, all cumbersome and time consuming.
With Sparky, I've easily and quickly got a system very similar to my main DebianTesting install, with JWM and the few apps I use.
You haven't tried to reinvent the wheel like so many Debian based distros do, just put a lot of sense and forethinking into your work.
At times doing the simple thing is the hardest thing.
I'm delighted with Sparky.

Cheers.

dziendobry

It is a great Distro, I agree.  Please do spread the news about how awesome it is, as well as contributing on the forum, every little bit helps!

TheFalcon

Yes it's a brilliant distro,

as in OP's comments it's clean and so very easy to install. The efficient and flawless video/codecs handling (one of those niggling linux annoyances on many distros) is a winner for me because I absolutely hate playing around with that stuff regarding configuration and what not. I stmbled upon sparky about five years ago and while (as a developer) I admit to installing some things which are not part of the default distro, via debian, it is my Linux of choice. I've installed it for many friends, usually in a dual boot configuration, and only one person has ever complained. That was about something which is universal to Linux and beyond sparky's control.

Sparky allows me to have my environment tuned to my personal preferences (surprising how few OS's deliver on that) and my computing and development enjoyment has been considerably enhanced under sparky. You can't ask for much more than that, can you?  8)

Regards,
    TheFalcon.

MoroS

Quote from: TheFalcon on November 28, 2018, 02:15:10 AM
That was about something which is universal to Linux and beyond sparky's control.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what was it? I'm just curious. It's not the first time we've done something as the first distro out there (proper 32-bit EFI support for USB booting for example + fixing the Calamares installer to support that properly) and we would do it again if it's in our reach. ;)
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

View the most recent posts on the forum