Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Audio playback and other bugs after and not before full update on new system.

Started by Dali Pascual, September 08, 2018, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dali Pascual

Unhappy!

I thought that I had closed a bug file after the re-installation of Sparky 5.3.  But 2x times does make a problem pattern seem much more familiar and now it is possible to point in some direction as to where the problem lies.

I recently opened a dialog about Sparky 5.3 Multimedia not finding my Intel Sound Chip on a Dell 051 desktop.  The system was showing audio being sent to a Null driver (or some such beast.)  I eventually decided to try a new installation of the OS and afterwards my audio was working showing the audio on my computer being handled by my Intel audio chip. I noted this after a complete reboot.  I also noted that my user name was showing in the sign in window after my first reboot into the new system.

After this initial test I decided to update the system. I tried my players.  Still working.  I rebooted my system.  I discovered that I had to sign my user onto the system again.  My user name no longer appeared in the sign in box.. I was again treated as a first run user.  And now my audio was again being sent to a Null driver.  Audio programs echoed this detail.  According to the system my audio chip hardware and all my support had disappeared.

So after the initial system and software update to my system I lose all ability to play audio in Sparky Multimedia 5.3.

At least from this information we can affirm that my downloaded installation was not to blame for my lack of audio.  The problem clearly lies within the updates which are installed after the primary installation. 

For now I  will go back to using my Sparky 4.8 with multimedia software added.  This appears to be a problem for your team and not for me. I will look back here to see if you have any follow up to this later.  Thanks again.

Dali

View the most recent posts on the forum