Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

drm_atomic_helper Error flip_done timed out

Started by Faded Warrior, September 10, 2018, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faded Warrior

Hey all!

I am new to Linux, and Sparky: Gameover Edition is the first distro of Linux that I have ever used in my life! After one week of using it, I can say that I shall never use Windows 10 again. My first week with Linux has gone fairly well, though when I start up my laptop, I come across some errors. Some starting information I guess would be that I am using an old laptop (until I get a new one, which will hopefully be in a few months) and it used to have Windows XP Pro on it. I can get more information on the laptop's specs if needed. I installed Sparky from a thumb drive, and for one of the updates I unfortunately did not have it plugged into the computer, bur from then on have always made sure that I did.

So, out of the list of Errors that I'm getting, I have this one (and it comes up about 5 times): drm_atomic_helper Error flip_done timed out. I believe that part of the error had something along the lines of [CRTC:pipe A]? It also mentioned something that I believe relates to the video card. While I am new to Linux, I did try to look this up myself, and the only thing that I found was this: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/6m3wi9/drm_atomic_helper_error_flip_done_timed_out/ I did look at the first response that had a link to instructions for Arch Linux, but was unsure if the packages for it would work for Sparky...

If anyone could help me out with this, or at least point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

-Faded

Edit: I recorded what the errors specifically were, and here is what shows up on my screen:

[ 7.993124] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found
[ 7.993136] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[ 16.612296] [drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done [drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* [CRTC:34:pipe A] flip_done timed out
[ 26.852190] [drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies [drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* [CRTC:34:pipe A] flip_done timed out
[ 37.092188] drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies [drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* [CONNECTOR:52:SVIDEO-1] flip_done timed out

From here on it repeats this for pipe B from what I can tell (I can post this as well.) Then it continues:

/dev/sdb1: clean, 268625/4890624 files, 4025732/19536792 blocks
[ 146.068795] kvm: disabled by bios
[ 146.106407] kvm: disabled by bios

View the most recent posts on the forum