Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

directory minimal GUI

Started by uberzilla, August 30, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberzilla

Hello, have been testing Sparky on and off for a couple of years now. This time around I tested the minimum GUI - openbox. It was working very well. On a lark I installed Enlightenment (from the repository - I think v22) on top. It is the first distro that runs this later version of E without two dialog error boxes - AWESOME! That makes three Enlightenment distros to choose from - Bodhi, Mageia with E21, and now Sparky with E22.

Now the possible downside. When I log into the openbox side and click on the Thunar (I think) icon in the tray - instead of opening the home folder - it opens a web browser with the full systems and folders.
I do not have the chops to know what happened here - and it makes me nervous. Is this a security danger? Has anyone had this happen, and found a way to fix? Should I just wipe the partition and re-install? Or is it OK?
This is a multi partition quad boot system - 4 versions of Linux - testing.

For the Sparky team - fricken awesome with the error free Enlightenment - more recent version as opposed to a lot of distros - if they support - oft just have version 17 which is OK, but I like to encourage the Enlightenment development. It maybe quirky, and maybe so for distro managers - don't know that - but it is the best bang for the overhead out there. Nothing is faster and nothing has as much eye candy - even with compositing turned off, for the overhead) That said I also like the windows managers - Fluxbox, Openbox .... good stuff!

View the most recent posts on the forum