Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Tested Sparky Linux 5.5 RC - issue

Started by zuxuwoot, August 12, 2018, 11:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zuxuwoot

The main issue i figured on Sparky Linux 5.5 RC is that when you boot it from live, then you dont see the screen. First when you start moving the mouse then it suddenly appears. I installed and updated it. There the same problem. You start the computer, autologin is enabled, so when pressing the power button, you should see the desktop at some time. But thats not the case. I have wait over 5 minutes. When you dont move the mouse, screen always stay black. After 10 seconds of mouse moving, the desktop is there.
I also tried boot + wait 30 seconds and then move mouse. It defenetly dont load things or something like that.
System: 6-core cpu + 16gb of ram + ssd

pavroo

Did you try to run the system with older kernel 4.16 which is preinstalled too?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

zuxuwoot

The installed system runs now on:

4.17.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.17.8-1 (2018-07-20) x86_64 GNU/Linux

lami07

I have also experienced similar issue while testing 5.5dev. As far as I can tell problem is kernel related and shows up only on Debian 4.17 series. You can try boot from 4.16 , which is already on your system, or kernel "cooked up" by Pavroo. You can find the latter one in sparky-unstable repo
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

paxmark1

slow boot  - check  "systemd-analyze blame"    Also enable "journactl -b -1" (search forum wil show you how) and look at you logs)
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum