Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Can't boot Sparky if I shut down with an external drive connected.

Started by LIrunaway, February 14, 2019, 10:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIrunaway

If I shut down Sparky with an external drive connected Sparky will not start back up.  It display's some kind of message about a job pending in /dev.  Then tells me to enter password or Ctl-D.  I forget exactly, but either way it does nothing afterwards.  Does anyone know of a work around to restart?  I keep reinstalling and trying to remember to unplug the external drive before shutting down.  This past time I know I had it unmounted and still giving me this issue.  I'm using it on an IBM ThinkPad Lenovo T60.  I really hate to reinstall.  It took me a day to connect to my Samsung CLX-3305FW printer because I couldn't get it to show in the list then all of a sudden it did.  So when I reinstall I know that will be an issue again too.

I love Sparky.  I named my dog Sparky!  However, I can't use it if I can't find a solution.

lami07

Please run those two commands in terminal, and paste here the outcome(with external drive plugged in).
cat /etc/fstab
lsblk -fs

Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum