Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Bruce's Custom Sparky Gnome (Unofficial Sparky Gnome 3 Spin)

Started by eightbit, May 13, 2016, 02:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrvyne

Hi eightbit, I'm coming over from Libretro's forum!

And my inquiry is....!

What software would you use for smooth integration of Google Drive?
My need is something similar to Ubuntu's tight integration with GD.

What would you suggest as best for your spin?

Also, a heads up to include your preferred GD client in your SL spin.

Thank you!

eightbit

Quote from: Yrvyne on July 15, 2016, 03:02:51 PM
Hi eightbit, I'm coming over from Libretro's forum!

And my inquiry is....!

What software would you use for smooth integration of Google Drive?
My need is something similar to Ubuntu's tight integration with GD.

What would you suggest as best for your spin?

Also, a heads up to include your preferred GD client in your SL spin.

Thank you!

Google has still not released a Linux client for GD unfortunately. The best one for Linux to date is Insync:

https://www.insynchq.com/

The problem is that is subscription based. $20 a year I believe. I can't add something like this to my spin due to the fact that it is software that you have to pay for.

Personally I prefer dropbox and I would definitely recommend to give it a try over GD. I had GD first years ago but I always had weird sync problems with it. Went over to Dropbox and they have been providing an excellent client for years (it is in my spin).

Yrvyne

I see where you're coming from.
Agreed, dropbox's syncing capabilities are by far vaster than GD.
I use GD because it is an online office suit.
Thanks for replying.

On a separate note, may I please suggest that a package list similar to the below is added to B'CSG sourceforge just as SLGO has in theirs:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sparkylinux/files/gameover/sparkylinux-4.3-i686-gameover.iso.package-list.txt/download

I gently request this to compare the packages installed in each.

Thank you.

eightbit

Quote from: Yrvyne on July 17, 2016, 05:13:57 PM
I see where you're coming from.
Agreed, dropbox's syncing capabilities are by far vaster than GD.
I use GD because it is an online office suit.
Thanks for replying.

On a separate note, may I please suggest that a package list similar to the below is added to B'CSG sourceforge just as SLGO has in theirs:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sparkylinux/files/gameover/sparkylinux-4.3-i686-gameover.iso.package-list.txt/download

I gently request this to compare the packages installed in each.

Thank you.

The distro is pushed to the limit at 4GB with very little (megabytes) to spare, so that would not be possible without removing stuff....something I am not going to do :) Everything I need (and my family need) are in this distro and that was priority one. You can always easily add those packages in Debian using the list however. For an example (where the package list is named "packages.dpkg"):

dpkg --set-selections < packages.dpkg

Then do a dist-upgrade.

Yrvyne

I had to read your reply 5 times before I grasped what you were talking about.

I only meant a text file that contains all the packages your spin contains, much like Sparkyinux have on their SourceForge acount whih I linked for your convenience.

Just a text file!

eightbit

Quote from: Yrvyne on July 18, 2016, 06:45:54 AM
I had to read your reply 5 times before I grasped what you were talking about.

I only meant a text file that contains all the packages your spin contains, much like Sparkyinux have on their SourceForge acount whih I linked for your convenience.

Just a text file!

OHHH..sorry for misunderstanding! Yes, I will add this to sourceforge when I update next.

Chdslv

Hi,

Read your story and it intrigued me, so downloaded your distro and some fun checking it out. You seem to have everything including the kitchen sink in it. :) Quite nice icons. It responded pretty well in live mode. Nice work! Tried most of the apps, had a look at all kind of emulators you have there. Would be nice to play some Atari games, but can't remember how it was done--its been a long time.

I have question for you. How did you manage to make it boot in a UEFI mode? Can you explain what steps you took?

Don't worry about less downloads, just keep on working. It'd get better and better.

I've been playing with your distro, the 2nd day. Could you answer my earlier question? Thanks

View the most recent posts on the forum