Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

SparkyLinux 5 and Nvidia driver Black Screen Issue

Started by wahmed, May 06, 2018, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wahmed

Hello Community,
I have installed clean sparkylinux at least 10 times so far to figure out the Nvidia driver issue. But still no result. Have read numerous guides, watched youtube video how to install Nvidia driver for my GTX 1070. But nothing is working. I am hoping the community can help me so I can go on with my life using Sparky.

I have tried so far to install the driver from within Sparky using DDM. Installs fine, but after reboot i get black screen with no cursor blinking. Waited for 15 minutes but same. Tried to edit grub by adding nomodeset but still cannot get to console. Same black screen.

Tried to download the driver directly from Nvidia site, blacklisted nouveau, but after reboot same black screen.

My end goal is to be able to run No Mans Sky through Wine Steam.

Any help? Has anybody installed nvidia drivers successfully and got the correct procedure?

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

Rival

Try to use ddm. Or have you sure install the right headers for nvidia, Sometimes ddm will fail try this command

apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') nvidia-driver

well liquorix headers / image is hard to install on nvidia but i have succeded. :) If you have that kernel ask me.

View the most recent posts on the forum