Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

AMD Drivers

Started by MrAbstract, April 28, 2018, 08:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrAbstract

Hey there,

I am new to Linux and excited to leave Windows behind. Somewhat to my surprise, I was able to install Sparky Linux GameOver Edition and get it running. I even managed to install the Windows version of Steam and download/install a Windows-only game, as well as a non-Steam game with a Linux version. However, despite them being (supposedly) installed, once I launch them nothing happens. The Steam game shows the little dialogue box indicating that it's launching, which would seem to indicate it did actually install. So this has led me to think it's probably a lack of graphics drivers.

I have done some searching but it doesn't really turn up anything specific, neither where to find them or how to install them on this version of Linux. I have found some instructions for other (more common) distributions, but they don't seem to apply. I am a bit out of patience at this point, honestly. This was not that easy in the first place!

The graphics card is an Asus Strix R9 380 2 GB. I am running a 64 bit system. Please help and thank you

View the most recent posts on the forum