Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

I Can't Copy and Paste in Terminal

Started by biff123, April 14, 2018, 03:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biff123

I can't figure out how to copy and paste in the terminal. Neither ctrl+V nor ctrl+shift+V works, nor can I right-click to paste in the terminal. I'm new to linux, but I've been trying out lots of different distros and have never ran into this problem. I'm I missing something obvious?

seppalta

What terminal are you using?  The ability to copy and paste is a function of the terminal.  Some, like xterm, do not copy and paste.

biff123

I, unfortunately, don't recall what terminal I was using as I've already moved on to another distro. I'm doing a lot of distro hopping right now. It was whatever the default terminal for Sparky Linux Game Over edition is. I'm sure that you are right, however, about how I just needed to install a different terminal. I will probably come back to Sparky Linux later, as I did like it, but I will probably try just the vanilla edition and not the Game Over one, as it had too much stuff on there I didn't want or need. Thank you so much for your response seppalta!

Bert B.

biff, which surface do you have installed? for example, I have the MATE version installed, which brings its own terminal. ctrl-c and ctrl-v do not work, but the right-mouse-button does.

maybe you can find the installed terminals by typing "terminal" in the search field in the main menue ;)

pavroo

GameOver uses Openbox and xterm as default.
It is very simple terminal emulator so it is better to change it to other, for example Lxterminal or any.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

keithrboz

Quote from: Bert B. on April 19, 2018, 05:05:31 PM
biff, which surface do you have installed? for example, I have the MATE version installed, which brings its own terminal. ctrl-c and ctrl-v do not work, but the right-mouse-button does.

maybe you can find the installed terminals by typing "terminal" in the search field in the main menue ;)

Have you tried shft-ctrl-c & shft-ctrl-v

tenfoot

Quote from: Bert B. on April 19, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

I'm also using Mate as my DE on Sparky 5.3 with the 4.15.0-3 kernel and Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V work as expected :)
Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.

View the most recent posts on the forum