Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Problem with reboot/shutdown after upgrade

Started by leGarde, December 10, 2017, 03:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leGarde

Hola Sparkies!
Yesterday LXQt was installed. After that have some problem with rebooting/shutdowning but finaly system do what is needed.
After upgrade when i try to push reboot/shutdown my Sparky told me (window with a blue bird near clocks):
lxqt-leave
Power Manager Error
(D-BUS call)
org.freedesktop.DBus.Er

No such method 'reboot'
in interface
'org.lxqt.session' at
object path '/
LXQtSession' (signature
")

At first i tryed
[code]dpkg --configure -a
apt update
apt install -f
apt full-upgrade
[/code]

Now have no idea what to do. Anyone have some? ???

pavroo

Hi
Don't know what happend yet, but upgrade of lxqt came to testing repos already.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

leGarde

Haha! I find a solution: install Steam => open it in Big Picture => push shutdown menu => choose reboot/shutdown and wooala!
I think a main reason of this problem is casul pc that gonna become Steam Machine =D

P.S. godbless Valve and Gabe Newell!

paxmark1

IT MIGHT be a good idea to hold off on upgrading LXQT.  If you do, a virtual terminal might be your friend.

EDIT added - Any other issues for for LXQT transition problems should go to the LXQT transition post. 

I just upgraded and I have more problems than just powering off.  the irc channels to listen and lurk and post are noted below.

As posted recently, the LXQT transiton is happening. 

To be blunt, your "solution" seems to be a bit much.  ## typed earlier
I noticed the same problem.  I just went into a terminal and typed "poweroff"  as root.  "sudo poweroff" would work as user

Blunt, yes, but when a transition brings in new bugs, to bring in new programs to go around a bug in a graphical program is a recipe for even bigger problems.

I am very busy these days.  If you wish you could file a bug with LXQT and / or go into the irc channel and ask for help.  Freenode #lxde is best.  (OFTC #lxde is the site for lxde support.)  You might also get help at OFTC #debian-lxqt  Technically they do not have to help Sparky folks there.  melmarker- agaida  very well might. 

The thread on lxqt 0.12 transition continues at
https://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=6953.0         I saw no mention of the poweroff problem, but the getting into pcmanfm problem is happening to me. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum