Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[solved] [XFCE4] 100% CPU load for Xorg process

Started by c.monty, November 19, 2017, 11:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.monty

Hello!

After starting XFCE4 session I get a single process allocating 100% CPU:
/usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch

This issue does not occur when starting another desktop session, e.g. DDE.

What's causing this issue?
How can I troubleshoot it?

THX

jimdunn

I had the same 100% for Xorg on one of my laptops (but not the others).

Turns out it was the PulseAudio "volume control" in the system tray.  If you remove it... the cpu spike is gone.

c.monty

Interesting... however this workaround is not working with my laptop (T410).

stroudmw

I've got the same problem. Removing Pulse Audio from the system tray hasn't helped. The fan noise is driving me nuts!

Wombat

Uninstalling Conky fixed  CPU overload issues on my KDE.

paxmark1

So, if you are having a runaway process - it is o.k. to use htop and paste the offending process info into your post.

If it is conky    -    conky can be wonky
Some scripts are designed for the old version   Some old scripts do not convert well with the update script for conky

https://sparkylinux.org/forum/index.php/topic,3302.msg7011.html#msg7011

Much much much more of all things conky at Bunsenlabs forum and also a bit at vsido. 
peace out.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

DonTequila

I had the same issue with multiple installations. On all I was able to solve the problem with a different look&feel.

Go to "Settings"->"Appearance".

On the Style tab change to anything different than Sparky5. CPU load will immediately go down.

jotapesse

Quote from: DonTequila on April 19, 2018, 05:13:24 PM
On the Style tab change to anything different than Sparky5. CPU load will immediately go down.

HI! Many thanks. I also have the same issue on a fresh install of sparky 5.4 + Xfce. Xorg process at 100% cpu load. I can confirm that by simply changing the Xfce Appearance theme to any other than "Sparky5" solves it. So this "Sparky5" theme seems to be the issue here.
jotapesse - Obrigado / Thank you.

NOUR

Quote from: jotapesse on August 31, 2018, 06:15:13 AM
Quote from: DonTequila on April 19, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

HI! Many thanks. I also have the same issue on a fresh install of sparky 5.4 + Xfce. Xorg process at 100% cpu load. I can confirm that by simply changing the Xfce Appearance theme to any other than "Sparky5" solves it. So this "Sparky5" theme seems to be the issue here.

Same problem,
The issue continue, maybe I haven't changed all I must change.
but I'mlittle said, it was supposed to be a lightweight desktop for my 1 gig RAM.

paxmark1

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum