Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

error after cfdisk

Started by phloks, June 16, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phloks

Hi,

Very new to Sparky, and I can't get it to install on my harddisk.
I downloaded the latest version, put it on a USB disk, and booted into the live environment.
So far, so good.
When I start the installer, and come to the point where partitions need to be created, things start to go wrong.
I can create 3 partitions (200M EFI System for boot, 200G Linux for / and 16G for swap), but after writing the partition table to disk and
exiting cfdisk, I get the question to provide the partition where boot needs to be installed on (the EFI partition).
Only the two partitions on my USB disk are shown. None of the new partitions on the harddisk !

Restarting the installer, quitting cfdisk immediately after it runs gives me the same problem.

I did see the partitions on my harddisk once, but that was the time that I took out the USB flash disk, and the harddisk was the only disk cfdisk could see.
However, when the copying of files started (after reinserting the USB disk) I got nothing but rsync errors.
Using GParted, I can confirm that there are 3 new partitions on the harddisk (boot partition has boot flag set, can't see the type in GParted....)

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.
In short: how can I partition my harddisk with my USB flash attached, and after quitting cfdisk be presented with the newly created partitions ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hans

pavroo

Hi
Did you erase all the disk?
Did you create gpt or dos partition table?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum