Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Clock - Time Zone (SOLVED)

Started by tenfoot, April 30, 2017, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenfoot

Sparky v4.5.2-x64-Mate on Lenovo Thinkpad T450s

Clock display is 10 hours behind Time Zone (Pacific/Auckland - GMT+12)

Searched Menu for appropriate area to check I had set correct data on installation but could not find anything appropriate.  Note: MATE on Linux Mint has setting Time and Date which shows this information.  Is there an equivalent in Sparky?

Tried to set correct time through Clock by right clicking on icon and choosing Preferences/Time Settings

Set time to correct figure and then clicked on Set System Time.

Entered password and clicked on authenticated

Clock shows correct time for Session but is incorrect on a reboot by the 10 hours mentioned.

Any help to solve this problem will be very much appreciated.
Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.

paxmark1

first - is your computer set to UTC or local?  Can you handle the command line (cli)?

http://sparkylinux.org/forum/index.php/topic,3749.msg8806.html#msg8806

QuoteIn a terminal - as root or via sudo
Code: [Select]

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

BTW is you bios set to UTC or local time.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

tenfoot

Thank you for your prompt response.  It is very much appreciated.

Running sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

revealed that the timezone was set to Europe ::)  Resetting it to Pacific/Auckand solved the problem and I am now a very happy geriatric ;D

I can find nothing in the computer BIOS to show whether it is set to UTC or local time.  All I can say, is that whatever is set hasn't been altered.  Previously I ran LM17.3 Mate, and then LMDE2 on this laptop.
Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.

paxmark1

If it worked, probably UTC, peace out.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum