Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Adjust backlight with native Enlightenment application

Started by TheBotanist, November 22, 2016, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBotanist

Hey guys,

I recently made the switch from Debian to SparkyLinux and I'm using the Enlightenment desktop.  I noticed that I cannot change the backlight with either the hotkeys on my computer or the backlight slider module (although pressing the hotkeys will make the module change, it does not control the actual backlight).  I eventually found a fix by going to settings > input > key bindings and deleting the brightness adjustment keybindings, then going to settings > input > ACPI bindings and deleting the brightness up/down bindings, then installing xfce4-power-manager and using that to get the hotkeys to work.  I am wondering if perhaps there might be a way to get the brightness controls to work with the native Enlightenment applications.  Before I figured out I could use the xfce power manager, I tried messing around with the ACPI bindings and found out that the action parameters don't save even after hitting apply, so I'm wondering if it's a problem with the ACPI.

Thanks for any help,
Luke

paxmark1

Greetings.  Debian testing without having to futz around during the install for non-free firmware and a large amount of outside software, that's Sparky. 

If I was younger I think I would really like to dig into Enlightenment as a  DE, but I am not.  I do lurk at freenode #e where the enlightenment questions are fielded and it appears to answer quite a few of them. 

peace out.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

TheBotanist

Okay, thanks for the advice.  I'll definitely have to check them out.

Luke

View the most recent posts on the forum