Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

can not boot into system

Started by Desmo74, November 10, 2016, 04:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desmo74

This is the 3rd time this has happened and I think it's time to move on from Sparky.
I'm usually a Deb Sid user so I know my way around.
After a few days I'm no longer able to boot into my system...when I look at verbose I see the following:

Dependency failed for /home
Dependency failed for Local File System
Dependency failed for /dev/disk/by-uuid/*******
Dependency failed for Swap

I have no idea why this happens and have found no fix while searching the net.
Its a bummer as I like Sparky but I need the system to work.

Anyone have ideas how to fix it?

Regards,

D

Dai_trying

That looks like it could be a failing hdd or an installation problem.
Can you give some details of your system and let us know what version of sparky you are using?
Also how do you boot the machine? from hdd, usb, sdcard, ssd?
And is it a standard installation (i.e. single root partition with swap)

Desmo74

The installation went smoothly all 3 times and I was using the system for over a week until this popped up.
The system is a Dell Precision M4600 workstation laptop.
The system boots from the main hdd in the laptop.
The partitioning is a partition for / , a partition for /home and a partition for swap.

I've already replaced Sparky with Maui OS as I have to have a working system but would like to figure this out for the future if I come back to Sparky again.

Regards,

D

Dai_trying

Tbh if you need stability and reliability at all time you should not really use a distribution based on testing repositories, it is almost guaranteed at some stage something will need a tweak or something to keep it going, and that's not JUST with sparky but ANY testing distro.
Having said that I have had very few issues with sparky so far, and it does seem to run really well, but when I do have a problem I can usually get around it without too much hassle.
Also I think Maui OS is an interesting choice of alternatives, from the little I have read it would appear to use testing repo's as well, but I hope it serves you well, any Linux is a good choice!  :D well... almost any...

View the most recent posts on the forum