Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

nothing seems to work

Started by MariusApo, September 26, 2016, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariusApo

i installed the 64 bit version of the 4.4 gameover ,all well til i installed the update and the 64 liquer kernel,some of the updates start saying that i don't have an internet connection or the server is down,i installed the cinnamon desktop and stuff got even worse,now i can't install nvidia driver at all,it say that it installing,ask me to restart to have it working and after that,surprise,is still not installed,i know that many don't use it and they like how all work with the neauvo driver,but not for me,all things work better for me with the nvidia driver,so,why is that nvidia driver keeps trying my nerves with installing ? is there another way to have it installed that is not by default with the normal menu ? and why are all stop working ? i had problems even with firefox,it was saying that i have no connection at all and thing is that skype was connecting at internet with no problems at all,the time is not right and i can't fix it at all,is all grayed and no way to change it...dam it,how many times do i have to reinstall linux to make it all work as it should be ?

paxmark1

Once.  Hopefully.

But searching for linux compatability and best practices for you video card, wireless, and your uefi /or/ bios is recommended if you want that to happen.

Did it work better before you put on the "liqourix" kernel.  What kernel version number.  If you have inxi installed post output (as code) of "inxi -b"

It is known fact the Cinammon is not doing as well as expected with the newest gtk3 3.22.  Things do not always work as planned in Debian testing.  It should get better.  Search out you problems on the Debian Bug Tracking system and/or lurk in #debian-next and in the cinnamon irc  also. 

What is you specific video card. If you have inxi installed, you can post that via "inxi -G"

What did you upgrade prior to getting the error messages about your internet.  Are you using ethernet or wireless?  Post your error codes enclosed between the proper tags - code tags. 

If this is your first time with Linux, you are doing pretty good.  Peace out.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

JoShort

Yes, something is just ****** up with the manual for Linux! I also had problems with nvidia installation and I need it to prepare the presentation for my last term case study report! Things would go wrong if team would not rescue my butt! From there on I always try to share the link to their site to help students with their writing papers!

Dai_trying

Quote from: JoShort on October 24, 2016, 02:02:26 PM
Yes, something is just f$%&*d up with the manual for Linux!

There's a manual for Linux??

I wonder if it covers all desktop environments, kernels, packages for each of the 100's of different Linux distributions?

pavroo

@JoShort
No fu%$#@! swearing, please!
If you have a problem just post it, but the forum is not a bin.

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum