Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

How to uninstall LXQT and keep only the Trinity Desktop

Started by PRafael, August 23, 2016, 03:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRafael

Hi guys.

The above mentioned is my only issue with this GREAT OS (SparkLinux). So, any help will be most apreciated.

Regards

Paulo

paxmark1

SORRY, no probably won't work.  If installed, "tasksel" should probably work.  Let me fire up the atom. SORRY, tasksel only installs complete desktops in it's default ncurses mode and probably only ones obtained via Debian repos.

However - via "man tasksel"   It appears that you can go totally cli and  (as root)
tasksel --list-tasks

which will show what tasks - desktop environments it has in it's database. 

Unfortunately it is probably missing lxqt  - for me I have lxde-desktop mate-desktop, xfce..., kde..., etc. but no lxqt-desktop, mine was installed quite a bit ago when lxqt was not in Debian repositories.

It would not hurt to try irc on freenode #lxde      That is the irc that does support for LXQT.  OFTC #lxde is the irc that supports LXDE.

How did you install Trinity?   I hope others can come up with a better solution. 

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

PRafael

Thank you paxmark1 for your answer.

I installed trinity via aptus...

Yesterday I tried to install via the minimal gui iso, following the wiki, but that doesn't work, maybe because I was doing something wrong...  :-[ :-[ . Now I'm trying the minimal cli iso...let's see what happens.

Anyway...GREAT OS and my thanks to the developers.

Regards

Paulo

View the most recent posts on the forum