Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Unable to install Gigabyte Motherboard drivers

Started by gg229, August 30, 2016, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gg229

I just installed Sparky Gameover edition on my desktop, and I need to be able to install the drivers for the motherboard to have a network connection and to be able to use the USB 3.0 ports, but when I try to start the .exe with Wine, all I get is a blank white window. I haven't tried the graphics card drivers yet, but I assume it'll do the same.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte 990FX-GAMING with an AMD FX 8350 processor, and my GPUs are 2 GTX 960 G1 Gaming. I don't know if those specs will be of any use.

paxmark1

Windows drivers are normally for usage under windows.  The linux drivers should be installed by the linux install process.  After the first very basic packages go into memory, the installer should try out the network usually via dhcp.  Did networking fail early on?  How are you sending this- via another computer? 

Have you tried live versions of linux first on your computer?  What is your level of skill with linux and with the command line?

Installing windows drivers via wine = interesting. 

Have you searched the web for successful installs of linux on you Gigabyte 990FX?  Any youtube videos of linux installs on your mobo? 

Are you dual booting?  If this is not an older motherboard - how is your uefi set up in the bios? 

Ethernet or wireless - ethernet is much easier for the install.  Do the usb ports provide USB 2.0 speed or none at all. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum