Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

LXDE install fails

Started by michael-hi, June 19, 2016, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael-hi

Perhaps some kind person could help solve this mystery. I downloaded the LXDE version of SparkyLinux 4.3 Home Edition and it works fine as a Live USB. However, when I try to install it from the install icon on the desktop (choosing UK keyboard, language and time settings) the installation fails part-way through the process. It gets to the point where it says "copying usr/share/doc/console-setup" at which point an "Installation Error" window appears on screen as follows:

[Errno 21] Is a directory:'/target/usr/share/doc/console-setup'

When I click OK the installation simply aborts. I have tried this a few times now, with both 32 and 64 bit downloads, and the same thing happens each time. I should add that I am installing onto a 16GB SD card rather than onto my laptop's hard disk, but that shouldn't make any difference. Anyway, the XFCE version installed onto an SD card without any problem so I don't see why the LXDE version should be any different. Maybe there is some kind of bug in the SparkyLinux installer script, but in that case, it is odd that no-one else has reported it, especially when the LXDE version is the first one listed on the download page. To be honest, I think I prefer the XFCE version anyway, but I am still curious as to why the LXDE one doesn't work. Any ideas?

View the most recent posts on the forum