Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Login for live cd in order to install

Started by tachikoma01, March 11, 2016, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tachikoma01

Hi,
I want to install Sparky on my old Centrino duo laptop, I took this version "SparkyLinux 4.2 LXDE i586 non-pae"
I used unetbootin to copy it on a usb stick.
It boots but I arrive on a graphical login screen where it's written Others (no other choice in the menu), and it asks me for a username and password.
I looked for it on the website and found live and password live. This doesn't work, root with no password or live with no password doesn't work either. I tried an other way to install the system but no matter what I choose : default, Sparky or failsafe, I boot on this screen.
I think I missed something but I can't see what.
Can you help me please?

PS : Is the i586 version the correct one for my processor (centrino Duo T2300E) or the x86_64 is better?

edit : Tried the X86_64 and nope it's not for my CPU which apparently a i686.

pavroo

Hi
You missed nothing.
It runs without password, the auotologin is enabled as default in the live session.
Probably your copy of the iso image is broken.
Have you checked the md5/sha sums?
I suggest to download it again using any download manager or bittorrent client to evoid problems with the iso.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

paxmark1

And also, unetbootin does not always work.  If in linux, I use dd - many places in web will show how.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum