Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

GoogleEarth Installer dont work

Started by Micha, January 26, 2016, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micha

It shows the same symptoms like the Skype Installer with the missing package

pavroo

If you have the google-earch.deb package downloaded already, open a terminal emulator inside the downloade directory and run:
sudo dpkg -i google-earch-number-version.deb
It should failed so run:
sudo apt-get install -f
and check in the output what's missing.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

Micha

The online installer gives the Message  "Something is wrong! probably you have stopped the installation or the repository server is down. It seens that after the failed installation the archive file automatically has been removed. So i downloaded google-earth-stable_current_amd64.deb manually and tried to install: unsolved dependency  lsb-core (>= 3.2)

sudo dpkg -i google-earth-number-version.deb   Result was:
michael@heimhirn:/tmp/mozilla_michael0$ sudo dpkg -i google-earth-number-version.deb
[sudo] Passwort für michael:
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs google-earth-number-version.deb (--install):
Auf das Archiv kann nicht zugegriffen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
google-earth-number-version.deb

means file google-earth-number-version.deb was not found

result of sudo apt-get install -f was  0 updated 0 new installed, 0 to remove und 0 not updated

pavroo

You have to change  the 'number'and 'version' for the present one in the deb package name you have downloaded.

Micha

Arrgh... shame on me (stupid) ;)  with google-earth-stable_current_amd64.deb it works but result is:  file lsbcore is missing.
Tryd to install last available for amd64 but result is: error, dependency is not fulfilled, lsb-security (>=4.1+Debian13+nmul). In the Sid repository is no lsbcore for amd64 archtecture

pavroo

Install 'lsb-core' instead of 'lsbcore' package.

Micha

I tried to install lsb-core  (forgot the - only in this post)

View the most recent posts on the forum