Development > Suggestions

Mini iso

(1/4) > >>

The Black Pig:
Talking to Pavroo in our facebook group
--- Code ---https://www.facebook.com/groups/SparkyLinux/
--- End code ---
I said would be nice if we had a distro that was mini so that peopl could add whatever programs they fancied.
As this is a personnel thing He suggested asking members what they would like on it. The above is a suggested list , if you think of something else post here.

Lizzie:
I suggest adding a terminal - maybe xfce terminal, or gnome terminal

The Black Pig:

--- Quote from: Lizzie on February 01, 2016, 06:27:42 pm ---I suggest adding a terminal - maybe xfce terminal, or gnome terminal

--- End quote ---
Done , have you voted?

seppalta:
I think you need a web browser and a window manager.  I vote for iceweasel and openbox.  For image viewer,  mirage is lightweight and offers some editing tools,  for pdf viewer,  xournal offers some editing tools in addition to viewing, and for terminal, lxterminal or sakura are preferable to xfce4-terminal.

How will this iso be different from the current Sparky-Base-Openbox?

The Black Pig:

--- Quote from: seppalta on February 01, 2016, 10:31:43 pm ---I think you need a web browser and a window manager.  I vote for iceweasel and openbox.  For image viewer,  mirage is lightweight and offers some editing tools,  for pdf viewer,  xournal offers some editing tools in addition to viewing, and for terminal, lxterminal or sakura are preferable to xfce4-terminal.

How will this iso be different from the current Sparky-Base-Openbox?

--- End quote ---
The latest (4.2) Openbox has more applications than the JWM 4.1 version , and you haven't voted lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version