Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

unable to delete users

Started by punch_t, January 31, 2016, 01:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punch_t

I have just installed the home edition of sparky4 32 bit. I created another user using menu/sytem tools/ Passwords and then tried to delete it because I got the name wrong. The system said user was deleted but it was not. I tried logging on as root but the result was the same. I then created another user with the correct ID and gave it a password. When logging out and then back again with the new user it would not accept the password. I then logged on using my ID and set up a new password for that user using sudo. Logged out and back in again but the password is still not being accepted. This might be a bug.
:(

punch_t

Quote from: punch_t on January 31, 2016, 01:18:32 PM
I have just installed the home edition of sparky4 32 bit. I created another user using menu/sytem tools/ Passwords and then tried to delete it because I got the name wrong. The system said user was deleted but it was not. I tried logging on as root but the result was the same. I then created another user with the correct ID and gave it a password. When logging out and then back again with the new user it would not accept the password. I then logged on using my ID and set up a new password for that user using sudo. Logged out and back in again but the password is still not being accepted. This might be a bug.
:(
The problem was I switched user and tried the deletion. The other user being deleted was still active and although the feedback was that the user had been deleted, it had not. Suggest that the user deletion process be checked to give a message that the user was still active.

View the most recent posts on the forum