Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

My "hybrid" respin...

Started by dlm, December 03, 2015, 03:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlm

Hi everyone. Pavroo was kind enough to give me permission to post this short story.

Almost a year ago, I did a couple of respins of a distro based on Debian Testing. I made two versions...Xfce and LXDE. Both were doing great, but they developed a couple of things that I couldn't figure out, couldn't find answers to by searching the internet, and I couldn't get any help from the parent distro. It was nothing that I couldn't deal with...not major problems. However, it made me wonder what else might go wrong in the future.

I was almost ready to completely abandon them, but in all of my searching for answers...I found Sparky's Wiki. I saw where Pavroo was freely offering for others to use his repos and keyring. I thought I'd take the chance and add Sparky's repos...and...both of my respins are working flawlessly again! I rebuilt the ISOs for both of them, and I now consider my respins to be Sparky respins for the most part...because they truly are.

I've thanked Pavroo, but I just want others to know how great Sparky is. Pavroo (and Sparky) saved my distros...I spent a lot of time building them...A LOT OF TIME...that was almost about to go to waste. Thanks again Pavroo!

Here's a couple of pictures of the desktops...the first one is the XFCE; the second one is LXDE.

pavroo

That's great !
Keep your work on !
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum