Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

I need an xorg.conf

Started by piker, December 11, 2015, 10:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

I have installed and updated the latest SparkyLinux with no problems whatsoever, even my usually troublesome Nvidia Geforce 310M was automatically installed! The installer is a credit to all your hard work!!
I've always needed to change a setting in my xorg.conf to get brightness control to work but I dont have an xorg.conf. Usually I would install nvidia-xconfig but it seems to want to install nvidia-driver as well as a number of other nvidia items. Given that my video driver is already working so well at present, should I install nvidia-xconfig to get an xorg.conf? or is there another way? Thanks.

paxmark1

Pretty much standard on "X" these days to not have an xorg.conf  Command line works.  i.e. "cd" to the proper place.  "touch xorg.conf" your choice of editor and paste or type in what you need.  There should be a workable example for you on the web.  Good to go   peace out
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

piker

Thanks paxmark1. I actually ended up installing the nvidia-driver which not only allowed me to get the brightness adjustment working but also sorted out problems I had suspending
the laptop. Just wondering......after my original installation DDM had Nvidia (and Broadcom) drivers listed but nothing seemed to happen after I selected it for installation, other than a
message saying I had to reboot for it to take effect. Going back in to DDM the Nvidia box was still unselected though.
After installing nvidia-driver manually it now stays selected in DDM?!

View the most recent posts on the forum