Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Ideas for Xfce flavor

Started by configX, August 23, 2015, 03:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

configX

First off I absolutely love Sparky. With that said, I'd like to offer a few suggestions for improvement for the Xfce version.

• Wifi password did not carry over from installation which I've come to expect from all distros.
  • While not a huge issue, the panel icons are too light on top of the light background color. I changed the icon theme to faenza but the sound icon remains light.
  • menulibre is not installed which is what the whisker menu looks for by default.
Other than the above Sparky is a joy to use! Thanks so much for your hard work and commitment to Linux and free software.

perknh

Hello configX!

How are you?  What a fun surprise seeing you participating and contributing to this forum. I did not know that you were a SparkyLinux Xfce aficionado too! 

I had had the same difficulty with the Xfce panel's color scheme when when I first installed Sparky's Xfce too --couldn't see the white icons.  Since then I've played around with Appearance > Style until I stumbled upon one of these themes that helped my eyes a lot --Greybird or Xfce-flat or Xfce-dusk or Xfce-stellar.  With one of these styles, or themes, I seem to see things a lot better.

I also added the Whisker Menu (from the Panel's Add New Items) and removed Sparky's Menu since I wanted to replace the Menu icon with Debian's logo. (Might this help you with menulibre --I don't know?)  I then removed the clock and replaced it with the other clock from the Panel's Add New Items.  This gave me the LCD clock with flash time separators which gives the clock some life.

Now, after making these simple changes, my SparkyLinux Xfce installation looks fantastic. :)

perknh

P.S.

I also added the Power Plugin Manager to the panel which helps with our monitors screen brightness levels.  This aids with eye comfort too.  The more I work with Xfce, the more I realize what a spectacular desktop environment Xfce really is.  Also, I've never found a nicer Xfce distribution than Sparky's --and I've looked at, and worked with, lots of Xfce distributions.

View the most recent posts on the forum