Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

kwin 4.0rcKDE

Started by paxmark1, June 14, 2015, 08:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paxmark1

Silly Mark,
Downloaded the kde instead of lxqt variant.  That was several weeks ago.
System is Atom netbook 1 GB memory.  Kwin kept crashing, not finishing, no success.  apt-get install of lightdm and and removal of kwin fixed to a working system.

I can also report that connman (a cli network manager) and cmst (a qt5 gui for connman) was the most trouble free of connman installs on 3 computers. 

Slow, but no glitches noted. 

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

paxmark1

SparkyLinux 4.0 KDE

I am seeing a large amount of KF5 and associated downloads with the 4.0 KDE.  apt-cache showpkg indicates they are coming from debian/testing and not from "Santa".  It appears the appearance of the newer KDE is smoother than those receiving it from sid previously. 

However as noted in the Siduction forums, the Amarok mysql database is damaged in the transition.  apt-mark hold amarok might be wise at this time.

On another note, moving from lightdm to sddm was quite easy and I am liking sddm.  Note - users with umlauts or other accented characters in their "names" might want to wait until the next version of sddm.   

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum