Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

steam errors in 32bit openbox [SOLVED]

Started by Lizbeth, April 19, 2015, 02:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizbeth

ok.  just a quick question.  whats the default icon setup for alsa?  i dont see a sparky-alsa in synaptic.  just so i can switch back if need be..

PS.  i bought a meercat from system76.  its a nuc type pc to replacing my failing laptop which i am using as a desktop with an external monitor since the lcd screen on it is borked.  I'm likely making that meercat my main system until i can afford a desktop and i will be putting sparky on it like i have it set up here to serve as my media center with the tv.

pavroo

There is not sparky-alsa in repo.
The volume icon for openbox been use before is 'volumeicon-alsa' package.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

seppalta

Thanks, Pavroo.  Like you say at the end of your posts, "Nothing is easy as it looks."  I just started reusing Tint2 and find configuring it and what it can do a big improvement over a few years ago - like it more now.

I already had the systray icon set at 36.  I think icon background size, transparency, etc all contribute to what is actually seen, so I have to study these things more.   I set the sparky-pulse icon pictured previously with transparent background and all was fine.  Then I blurred it with a white cloud, which was OK, but I lost the transparent background with some of my wallpapers, which took the image back to a square instead of the disk that I wanted.  So around we go!  I like nice nature shots for wallpaper and rotate images about every 3 minutes.  I guess that gives away my age.   (:>)   Cheers.

pavroo

As you mentioned before, I just "found" and tested pasystray. It works with my pulseaudio fine.
Does it work with alsa too?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

seppalta

I do not know if pasystray works with alsa.  I gave up on alsa a few years ago and have ever since avoided it like the plague.

Lizbeth

Another issue i found with steam, i cant remeber where i think you posted a link to glxvisualfailed error.  steam wont run on a non pae 32 bit kernel.  At least it wouldnt for me.  i had to upgrade the kernel to pae to get it to run.

View the most recent posts on the forum