Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Liquorix Kernel update 3.19-4.dmz.1-liquorix-686-pae

Started by way12go, April 14, 2015, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

way12go

I'm using the Liquorix kernal without any problems what so ever on both the Laptop and Desktop but, I get to this message on top of screen while booting or system startup

For kernal 3.19-3.dmz.1-liquorix-686-pae

" ACPI PCC probe failed ".

Kernal updated 14th April 2015

For kernal 3.19-4.dmz.1-liquorix-686-pae

I couldn't read the message, it was something thinkpad... etc;

So this is what I did...

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=84590#p452736

If you edit /etc/default/bootlogd so that it looks like this:

Quote# Run bootlogd at startup ?
BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=yes

Then after your next boot you'll be able to examine the log by:
Quote$ su
Passwd
$ cat /var/log/boot

this didn't work so I did go to Lxterminal and posted sudo pcmanfm and went to /var/log/kern.log --- opened it with leafpad manually instead of typing cat /var/log/kern.log

Now, I will reboot and post the message below...

QuoteApr 14 12:02:43 sparkylinux kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 17
Apr 14 12:02:43 sparkylinux kernel: thinkpad_ec: no ThinkPad embedded controller!
Apr 14 12:02:43 sparkylinux kernel: thinkpad_ec: no ThinkPad embedded controller!
Apr 14 12:03:01 sparkylinux kernel: wlan0: authenticate with ec:1a:59:16:b5:37
Apr 14 12:03:01 sparkylinux kernel: wlan0: send auth to ec:1a:59:16:b5:37 (try 1/3)
Apr 14 12:03:01 sparkylinux kernel: wlan0: authenticated
Apr 14 12:03:01 sparkylinux kernel: wlan0: associate with ec:1a:59:16:b5:37 (try 1/3)
Apr 14 12:03:01 sparkylinux kernel: wlan0: RX AssocResp from ec:1a:59:16:b5:37 (capab=0x431 status=0 aid=1)
Apr 14 12:03:01 sparkylinux kernel: wlan0: associated
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

MoroS

Doesn't look like an error of any sort. Maybe it's just module probing. The kernel comes with a lot of modules, which it needs to check if they should be loaded (using udev for instance).

A word of warning though: Liquorix is a non-Debian, third-party kernel and as such, it has a lower priority for us. That means, that any problems regarding Liquorix won't be treated as important. It's something along the lines of "use at your own risk".
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

way12go

Okay thanks. I hope I never get kernel panic or any other kernel problem what so ever... I have installed it and I keep updating it...

My first kernel from them was : 3.19-3.dmz.1-liquorix-686-pae and now it is 3.19-4.dmz.1-liquorix-686-pae

and, I don't want to go back to default sparky kernel. I just wish that it works for me...

Thanks.

Wait... I have a doubt.

Should I dump their current above mentioned kernel in favor of " Longterm Liquorix kernels ".

Should I stick with " Longterm Liquorix kernels "???
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

MoroS

Quote from: way12go on April 14, 2015, 12:02:32 PM
Wait... I have a doubt.

Should I dump their current above mentioned kernel in favor of " Longterm Liquorix kernels ".

Should I stick with " Longterm Liquorix kernels "???

It depends on what you want. If you want the most recent kernels as fast as possible, then longterm kernels are not for you. If you want to go with Liquorix, but update once a longer while (and only get critical fixes when available), with longer support (that's what longterm should be about, like LTS releases of the vanilla kernel or Ubuntu's LTS releases). I'm always more of a "bleeding edge" person (years of using Gentoo leave a mark), so I use the non-longterm versions, to get updates as fast as possible.

way12go

I now, changed the source.list.d liquorix.net kernel to " Longterm Liquorix kernels "

So no more problems expected. The current-kernel one stays as long as stable version is more updated version.

way12go

I now use latest... I decided to use latest repo/latest kernel as it came to my notice that latest liq~ kernel provides drivers non free and also good for gaming???

MoroS

Quote from: way12go on April 15, 2015, 02:06:32 AM
I now use latest... I decided to use latest repo/latest kernel as it came to my notice that latest liq~ kernel provides drivers non free and also good for gaming???

Liquorix is a bit more optimized than the stock Debian kernel, so you should notice some improvements. Not too much, as Debian's kernel is quite well optimized too, but still Liquorix doesn't have the burden of maintaining optimization compatibility with older architectures.

way12go

View the most recent posts on the forum