Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Permanent "allow" commands in private windows; NoScript.

Started by Pinguano, March 13, 2015, 02:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinguano

Hi, for two days now trying to find out what is the purpose of this option in Noscript and why it is showing up ... and i still knowing nothing clear about it. What  is this mysterious 'thing'?.

Thank you very much.

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

Pinguano

Well, yes, i saw it before, and i found nothing about my questioning ... till now i'm agree with this:

"Great for nerds, but overly technical and therefor useless to those who do not have a degree in computer science."  :'(

Thank you.

pavroo

In short - it blocks some scripts placed by web sites owners you visit against running for example javascript, flash and some other contents to protect your operating system.

Pinguano

Yes, i understand the main purpose of NoScript, as a whole, but what exactly mean this option:

*Permanent "allow" commands in private windows*

pavroo

I am not in 100% sure, but it looks like when f you brows the web in 'private windows' (should be in sand box) you permanently agree that every script on a web site can run be run without you.
Means you let every script run itself even some of them can be dangerous.

YouAreWrong

Quote from: pavroo on March 13, 2015, 11:55:46 PM
I am not in 100% sure, but it looks like when f you brows the web in 'private windows' (should be in sand box) you permanently agree that every script on a web site can run be run without you.
Means you let every script run itself even some of them can be dangerous.

Yes. as you were 100% incapable of reading the original question before answering you were also 100% wrong on your second answer.
Usually I think that people that are unable to coherently read the question or after clarifying it to them still answer wrong should STFU in stead of posting multiple spams.

The option is there for remembering the permissions you set while you are on private browsing mode, because that mode would not save those settings otherwise, as it's not supposed to remember anything about the session.

Been googling about this few hours and this piece of shit was on the top hits...

View the most recent posts on the forum