Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[Solved] Problem audio

Started by Calatea, March 09, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoroS

Hi. I've been away for a while, so I couldn't reply in time.

The setup really looks like it's a dual-card system. The first one being a virtual card (HDMI cable), the second one being the physical. Depending on which one you have connected at the time of sound playback you need to check the appropriate one. Fire up the alsamixer in the terminal. Have something playing (like a YouTube video, something that won't stop after a few seconds so you have time to experiment). In the alsamixer use the F6 key to switch between sound cards and try changing different volume levels (arrow keys, left and right - different options, up and down - volume levels) and mute status (the M key switches between muted and unmuted, MM symbol being muted and OO being unmuted). Check which card reacts to these changes. When you find it we'll think about setting it as the default card.
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

Calatea

serena@debian:~$ aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/*.wav
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
aplay: main:722: audio open error: File o directory non esistente
serena@debian:~$ speaker-test -c 2

speaker-test 1.0.28

Playback device is default
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Playback open error: -2,File o directory non esistente

After uninstalled pulseaudio and made a reboot, it says so.
I used a live cd and the audio is perfect... ???????
Now I'll reinstall pulseaudio... sic :D

Calatea

Quote from: MoroS on March 14, 2015, 09:12:51 PM
Hi. I've been away for a while, so I couldn't reply in time.

The setup really looks like it's a dual-card system. The first one being a virtual card (HDMI cable), the second one being the physical. Depending on which one you have connected at the time of sound playback you need to check the appropriate one. Fire up the alsamixer in the terminal. Have something playing (like a YouTube video, something that won't stop after a few seconds so you have time to experiment). In the alsamixer use the F6 key to switch between sound cards and try changing different volume levels (arrow keys, left and right - different options, up and down - volume levels) and mute status (the M key switches between muted and unmuted, MM symbol being muted and OO being unmuted). Check which card reacts to these changes. When you find it we'll think about setting it as the default card.

No prob Moro.
I've tried but none of them works. The audio with the live cd is perfect... ??

MoroS

I wonder is it's a PulseAudio problem. You can try using pavucontrol (from the package with the same name) to try to adjust the settings (mainly output and configuration tabs).
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

Calatea

Thanks a lot, I didn't had pavucontrol, I've installed it and I've discovered that the audio were cecked on HDMI output.
Finally it's settled!!! ;D

View the most recent posts on the forum