Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Liquorix Kernel w/ Gameover

Started by dhinds, January 16, 2015, 05:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhinds

I ran Sparky Gameover 3.6 from a live DVD and attempted to install the Liquorix kernel using Synaptic but received an Unsatisfied Dependencies message.  This is a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 MB with a 1st Gen. i7.  I intended to install Gameover but had a problem with a Win app I use on the live session and wanted to try the Liquorix kernel first.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

pavroo

Upgrading Wine from the Liquorix repos will install a lot of new dependencies.
Be careful with that.
I don't know what they changed with Wine package last time, I did not test it for about 2 weeks.
Show me the output from the terminal about wine 1.7 dependencies.
I also suggest to upgrade it after installing Sparky on a hard drive.
The same is about the Liquorix kernel - install it after hard drive installation.
You can't use it in Live system - it needs rebooting.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dhinds

Alright - I'll install Gameover.

One other thing.  I installed xfce4-panel and it converted the existing lxpanel - which I didn't expect.  (The xfce4-panel has more plug-ins).

pavroo

You should remove lxpanel from the system startup so only xfce4-panel will be starting.
If I remember well, check file:
~HOME/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
and put # before @lxpanel:
#@lxpanel --profile LXDE
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dhinds

Quote from: pavroo on January 16, 2015, 09:50:53 PM
You should remove lxpanel from the system startup so only xfce4-panel will be starting.
If I remember well, check file:
~HOME/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
and put # before @lxpanel:
#@lxpanel --profile LXDE

OK.  The problem is, I installed from a usb flash drive burned with unetbootin to the hard drive but the OS won't boot - it hangs up after finding the logitech usb mouse and just sits there.  And PS2 mice are scarce these days.

Also, I haven't been able to get to it except on the week-end, and some weeks not even then.  I am currently downloading the latest Sparky Xfce iso, to give that one a try.

I have had problems with the recent releases of ALL the Operating Systems I have installed with the exception of one, which happens to be the one that didn't make the change to systemd (openSUSE, Manjaro and Debian made the change) which may or may not be a coincidence.

Also, some of the other distros based on Debian Testing (i.e LMDE and SolydXK) changed to the stable edition. 

My most stable system at present is CLDX (Calculate-Linux Desktop, Xfce), which is an Overlay of Gentoo (which Chrome OS is based on).  Gentoo is a rolling distro that is stable but difficult to install (although Calculate isn't) and Sabayon has had it's own problems (including with it's forum).  Calculate offers KDE and Xfce but not LXDE - your speciality.

You might want to consider branching out or experimenting with a LXDE version of either Gentoo or openSUSE (which is now upgradable via zypper dup and has a rolling version).

Slackware and it's derivatives are stable and systemd free but installing Wine can be a problem (which I need for two Windoze apps I depend on).

Calculate integrates it's desktop versions with it's servers.

Just a suggestion.

View the most recent posts on the forum