Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

gameover install issues

Started by mitchy93, January 04, 2015, 10:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchy93

hi guys, has anybody successfully installed sparky gameover 32 bit successfully? the jessie installer on mine gets to the partitioner, throws a bunch of traceback python issues and then crashes. im using a live USB also created by unetbootin

way12go

I did download the iso and burned it to usb pendrive and restarted the system into usb live mode and found no errors but when I tried to open aptus for games it asked for password and the password live didn't work.

You used unetbootin and in the past, few years ago when I used unetbootin it didn't go well but image writer works well.

I think you should check the md5sum for the iso for file integrity, if your downloaded iso is failed then the md5sum will be different than original md5sum.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

way12go

http://sparkylinux.org/sparkylinux-3-6-gameover/#

Live system user is: live
Password: live
Root password is blank.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

pavroo

@mitchy93
Did you check the md5sum?
I tested in on virtual machine a few times and it was working fine.
I try to find big flash usb to double check.
Edit:
If you still have a problem with the installer, use older installer by the command:
sudo sparkylinux-installer
or
sudo sparkylinux-installer gui
It works fine on BIOS machines.

@way12go
It uses gksu, so it works after installation.
If you'd like to try it in live mode, set the root password as the first:
sudo su
passwd
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

mitchy93

thanks heaps, i'll try that alternate installer later. it may be issues with the jessie install partitioner since i have IDE drives in the target machine. as an above poster mentioned, i believe we need to specify a root password first using the passwd command, thanks :)

pavroo

It was a bad idea to use gksu for some sparky apps. It works after installation on a hard drive only.
I started to move sparky apps to git repo now so I will correct all the apps which use gksu.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

mitchy93

View the most recent posts on the forum