Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

APTus in Debian

Started by J.Jay, November 02, 2014, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Jay

Just tried to put 'Sparky' repo in a solydx (debian distro).... works great got the APTus program (script). Because have problem with the 'updatemanager' in solyd (CLI 'apt-get distro-upgade works tho) ???

Only thing doesn't 'sparky-remsu' need to be a dependency?  or maybe just in solyd

I use sparky (Xfce to a mate) but my wife I 'll install solydx (with a mate DE :o) since their going stable (Debian) with some backports available  come Nov+.   (last freeze she not happy when system went 'KABLOOEY' after the thaw >:(

J.Jay

pavroo

Some sparky apps need sparky-remsu to run as root.
The 'sparky-remsu' script does nothing, just if live system - it uses gksudo, if system is installed on a hard drive - uses gksu.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

J.Jay

On second (third, fourth... ;D) thought, because solyd latest UP seems to be having serious problems (at least for me).   I'm now going to have my wife use 'sparky' and probably add the solydxk 'extra community repo' to it! :D

Still would  like wife on stable, I'll use testing 'Sparky".    Is their a tool or a thread here (I would thing just rename in 'sourcelist) that I cold follow now that the freeze is happening?

Thank You
J.Jay

KrunchTime

@J. Jay:  Consider trying CrunchBang Linux.  It is a tweaked spin of Debian Stable featuring Openbox, Tint2 panel, and custom scripts and keybindings put together by Philip Newborough, aka Corenominal, the developer.  A user put together a how-to on installing the Mate DE under CrunchBang: http://www.crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=37543.  Tell 'em KrunchTime sent you.  ;)

KrunchTime

@J. Jay:  I've been playing around with antiX since I can't get Sparky installed on my main laptop.  antiX now has the option to track Debian Stable in addition to Debian Testing and Debian Sid.  Another thing you'll be interested in is that antiX offers a meta-installer to install a variety of desktop environments, inluding Mate.

way12go

Even though Sparkylinux 3.6 is not ready 3.5 is very good.

http://sparkylinux.hostingxtreme.com/xfce/sparkylinux-3.5-i486-xfce.iso

Why go for crunchbang or antiX when Sparkylinux is ahead of them?
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

GeneC

GeneC

Chdslv

Quote from: KrunchTime on December 05, 2014, 05:21:39 PM
@J. Jay:  I've been playing around with antiX since I can't get Sparky installed on my main laptop.  antiX now has the option to track Debian Stable in addition to Debian Testing and Debian Sid.  Another thing you'll be interested in is that antiX offers a meta-installer to install a variety of desktop environments, inluding Mate.
Are you trying to promote other distros here, Krunchtime?

View the most recent posts on the forum