Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[SOLVED]Problems with plymouth screen

Started by Chdslv, December 02, 2014, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chdslv

The plymouth splash screen stopped appearing when booting, but appears only at power off, that is, not at the beginning, but at the end. Tried upgrade-initramfs -u but to no avail. Is it a bug in SparkyLinux?

This is SparkyLinux 3.5 Xfce 64 bit.

GeneC

Had you recently installed Nvidia by any chance? (Nvidia and Plymouth have always been an issue for me, and others.).

If not, disregard the below... ;)

If so this thread may be of help.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=189&t=78495&p=464460&hilit=plymouth+genec#p464459

basically
Quote4) Modify grub to see the spash

gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub

Change:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
to
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

5) Update initramfs and grub

sudo update-initramfs -u && sudo update-grub
GeneC

Chdslv

Thanks GeneC. The Plymouth screen corrected itself.

GeneC

GeneC

way12go

I use JWM and I don't have it. Even if I use LxDE I wouldn't install it. It seems with plymouth sometimes shutdown is delayed. I just like the no splash mode, I enjoy watching the kernel and boot text instead. Last time when I used LxDE I uninstalled it.

Edit /etc/default/grub (using gksu leafpad /etc/default/grub), and remove the "quiet splash" from the Linux command line.

After this run sudo update-grub2

Also from the GRUB menu, if you want to do this temporarily, you can hit E on a line to edit it, then Ctrl+X to boot the kernel line.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

Chdslv

Quote from: way12go on December 03, 2014, 01:34:46 PM
I use JWM and I don't have it. Even if I use LxDE I wouldn't install it. It seems with plymouth sometimes shutdown is delayed. I just like the no splash mode, I enjoy watching the kernel and boot text instead.

We are talking about XFCE, not JWM, and I like eye-candy, I am adding more eye-candy. JWM is so Win 3.1...

The problem solved by itself!

View the most recent posts on the forum