Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Lxde-maximized windows under taskbar

Started by ocalasun, October 24, 2014, 03:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocalasun

After an update earlier today I am having the problem of maximized windows hiding under the taskbar, which on my system is oriented at the top of the screen. I need to use auto-hide now to be able to access the top window border. This started after a rather large update that ran today, so I'm not really sure what caused this. I'm still a bit new to Lxde so any help would be appreciated. I'm running 3.5 with Lxde.

thanks and regards

way12go

This same problem happened to my Desktop and Laptop and I made some other changes to install some other apps that are normally not available and I screwed up something, it was nothing more than one or two small glitches but I decided to use Sparkylinux JWM and I'm very happy with it. This isn't Sparkylinux fault. It just happens I made some changes and screwed up the whole issue.

The above problem you mention as I said happened to me too and what I did was... Use the panel in bottom position.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

ocalasun

Thanks...I'll move the taskbar to the bottom for the time being. The update that ran was rather large(700+ mb) and I did notice a lot of lxde components being updated, so I figured had something to do with that.
I agree...I actually do like JWM...I've used it with a few puppies I tried out...it seemed fast and stable. I'll have to check out JWM with Sparky.

~regards

way12go

JWM with Sparkylinux is very good. But you will have to install several codecs-fonts-apps etc ... this .iso file is not preloaded or not out of the box iso.

I have seen, recently while searching the web, the JWM Configuration Master in Puppy and requested our Supermoderator-Pavroo made a .deb out of it and he said it will soon be ready.

So JWM is awesome and only problems are

1. Taskbar customization

2. Menu customizaion

I guess both the above problems will be fixed with JWM Configuration Manager

and, for not being out of the box problem you need install everything on your own.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

way12go

Any way you need not get JWM Sparkylinux iso. You just have to install it from Synaptic Package Manager and logout and select JWM and restart...

ocalasun

Thanks again....yea I'll give it a try with Sparky....I have no problems customizing from the ground up...that's part of the fun ;)

View the most recent posts on the forum