Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

how to install flash player for chromium?

Started by nixfirst, October 11, 2014, 10:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nixfirst

I just installed chromium but it didn't include flash player. :(
I currently using SparkyLinux Xfce x86_64.

pavroo

The Flash player is preinstalled in Sparky LXDE, Xfce, MATE and Razor editions.
The point is that the Chromium browser can't see flash.
Mayby it's a question of Chromium settings.
Did you try to set the right patch for flash in Chromium settings panel?
    Type "about:plugins" (without the quotation marks) into the address bar at the top of a Chromium browser window.
    Click "Details" at the upper-right corner of the page.
    Find the "Flash" or "Shockwave Flash" listing on the Plug-ins page and click the corresponding "Enable" button.
    Close all Chromium windows and restart the browser.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

way12go

For Chromium and Chrome you need PEPPER FLASH and PEPPER FLASH is not for Firefox or Ice Weasel

Installing Pepper Flash Player

Debian

64 bits / amd64

If not already done you must add backports to your sources.list. To do so follow those instructions.
    Using Terminal as Root run the following command to install Pepper Flash Player from Wheezy Backports

sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

Still using Terminal run the following command to update Pepper Flash Player

sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install

Close all your browser windows. Then open your browser. Flash should work.
    This step is optional. Still using Terminal run the following command to know what version of Pepper Flash Player you have installed.

sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --status

Notes

If Flash is still not working here are a few things you could try
        Ensure that all your Chromium or Chrome browser windows are closed. It's important to close all browser windows otherwise Flash will not work. Then open your browser to test Flash.
        If still not working try to reboot your computer. Sometime Chromium or Chrome windows seems all closed but one might still be open in the background, on another desktop, or frozen in memory.
        If still not working try to temporally deactivate all your Chrome or Chromium plugins and extensions. Then test flash.

The Pepper Flash Player works in both Chrome and Chromium only. It does not yet work with Iceweasel or Firefox. For Flash to work with Iceweasel or Firefox you have to install another package. Read more here. Currently both packages can coexist.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

way12go

I have

1. Ice Weasel [ Default Sparkylinux app ]

2. Google Chrome [ .deb package from google website ]

3. Chromium [ Installed from Synaptic package manager ]

and

4. TOR [ Installed from Synaptic package manager ]

I installed PEPPER FLASH from Synaptic package manager.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

Slyvester

Hello Way12go,

Read in your post : How to install mate desktop environment in Sparkylinux : " ... In the case of wheezy the backports repository has to be enabled as described in the official backport documentation...".
I must confess I didn't check the official backport documentation (by the way, a link would appreciated ... thanks !). I just added these two lines in my "/apt/sources.list" which are :
http://ftp.us.debia.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main non-free contrib &&
http://ftp.us.debia.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main non-free contrib (Code Source)
Did you do that to get the backports open ?

P.S. : Looks like it works ! From my terminal :
sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --status
Flash Player version installed on this system  : 15.0.0.152
Flash Player version available on upstream site: 15.0.0.152
Thanks a lot .. I'm gonna try it now by using Google-Chrome.
Slyvester

View the most recent posts on the forum