Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

hello

Started by brennpunkt0, September 23, 2014, 11:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brennpunkt0

hello, i am a new sparkylinux user.  tested 3.5 razor-qt flavour over the weekend.  ad then just had to try the 3.4 gameover edition as it came with so many things, which were not packaged in the newer .iso.  i like it alot.  not too experienced myself.  have tried a couple of GNU/Linux distros, and found them to be too restricted, and otherwise tried lubuntu. (which is in all honesty) the OS i fall back on these days.  but so far so good i am really enjoying the sparkylinux distro.  what else... i am from the UK, though i live in sweden.  linux experience i would say is a couple of years. so by no means a super user. but still not afraid of getting my fingers dirty through the command line.

all in all what brought me here was that LoL (league of legends) pretty much worked out of the box :) apart from that i am a avid audio user on my pc's audio in all forms, listening, recording editing, etc, etc..

hope to have many a happy day with sparkylinux :)

all the best,

Brennpunkt0

way12go

Dear Friend,
                      You wouldn't regret spending your precious time here. In my humble, newbie opinion sparkylinux is the best linux distro ever. I have tried and tested more than 15 different linux distros and the distros without any problems, if I remember correctly are (I have a bad memory) 1. Opensuse and 2. Sparkylinux.

Now, I'm not using the amazing error free Opensuse

but, I do use the amazing, awesome and resource friendly linux distro sparkylinux. Sparky linux is the best linux distro which comes with various low resource friendly Desktop Environments.

And, I don't remember any other error free linux distro.

Honestly speaking sparkylinux is the best resource friendly and error free linux distro there is till today.

Also sparkylinux is the only linux distro which has error free LxDE desktop, all other LxDE desktops are annoying to use, they come with bugs and sparkylinux has none in it.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

brennpunkt0

that was a fast reply :)

yes well so far so good as well. just a few things. but will take them up as of when i do have more technical info.. like first reboot after install is ok, reboot after that doesn't reboot and after and 'hard' shutoff through the power button then i only get a blank screen with a blinking cursor and a keyboard freeze.  but not to worry. nothing will discourage me! :)  read about failsafe mode. apparently i can see what is going on behind then. again newish user ready to learn more  8)

i'll be sure to post my findings and queries here.

brennpunkt0

and writing from a fully operation sparkylinux 3.4 gameover :) i was able to reboot, and not have dark screen anymore... even happier.  failsafe worked :) i was almost certain it would work...  don't know why either it didn't yesterday on 4 attempts.. worked it did, was able to test everything anyway...

i am ow a real sparkylinux user :)

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

way12go

If you uninstall "plymouth" package in synaptic your shutdown/reboot will be awesome.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

brennpunkt0

i find it very acceptable with plymouth box ticked... will try if i can find where i need to click... but from what i have googled this is the nice screen with the animations in the beginning and at the end right, and those i quite like.  so maybe not, but thanks for the tip.

way12go

Sometimes the system would take long time to shutdown and when I uninstalled plymouth I could start and shutdown very quickly and I could also see what is happening in the background. When the system is booting if you toggle (press once to see and again to see splash screen) the escape key you get to see the process that is running in the background. Thanks.

View the most recent posts on the forum