Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

SparkyLinux Custom ISO Builder

Started by way12go, August 12, 2014, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chdslv

Even without upgrading any apps, the resulting iso is more than 30% larger. It must be something to do with Remastersys?

pavroo

It looks like the tool doesn't use xz compression.
Check do you have 'xz-utils' package installed in your host system.
Check are they any 'deb' packages still exist in /var/cache/apt/archives directory of the chrooted file system.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

Chdslv

xz-utils is installed.
No 'deb' packages still exist in /var/cache/apt/archives directory.
What might be the problem? Is Remastersys adding up something?

pavroo

There is nothing about remastersys.
Looks like custom-iso-builder doesn't use xz compression on your system, that's why the iso image is bigger.
In my way it uses standard gz compression instead of xz.
I made a test with 4.0rc LXDE iso image.
Before: 1.541.124B
After: 1.540.576B
It's even smaller then the original one.
Sorry but I don't know by now why it makes bigger on your machine.

Chdslv

pavroo

godstand2

Do not place much stuff in the /etc/skel directory. It breaks the live system and it won't start. How much is much stuff can i put the stuff from my home/(username) folder in there?

godstand2

I really love SparkyLinux the most of all distros for it is sooooo fast on all computers Old and new(by the way the 32bit is what I use even on 64bit computers). I was wondering after I have already set up my sparky how can I make a backup disk with all my settings and apps and not just a hybrid iso like sparkybackup dist does and keep it for an emergencies to install it to say another computer, Like I can with Systemback does.It also gives you the option to install for a new user. I had installed System back on Sparkylink test machines and tried to use the copy user data and settings box checked and it said that it could not read Live image even when i tried to install the same thing happened, from the ISO I had made of the system using Systemback. I could run the live cd but not copy or install even with out box checked for user data and settings always "Could not read Live image error." I have made an ISO from Sparkybackup dist and it runns with all the the stuff i put in root folder including wine,games and programs as long as I installed them in root folder running as root also settings for root like themes and cursors the live disk ran with out a hitch even installed on another hdd but not with users setting or data was the image made so i would have to start all over again to set up slimjet browser for the user that is only browser I use as well have to setup appearance,screensavers,cursors and so on.All this work time and energy makes johnny boy here tired. It would be so nice to copy my system to my other computers with all settings and data intact and also from same disk install for new user with the little bit of the extras I have installed in root.The Sparkybackup ISO was 1.9GB size when I got done making it using the xz setting.

darknet

Quote from: configX on October 26, 2014, 02:27:23 PM
Thanks, pavroo! That's a nifty tool you have there. I was considering using it to make a pekwm Sparky remix.
Out of curiosity, is there a pekwm Sparky remix?

pavroo

I don't think so, never seen yet.

View the most recent posts on the forum