Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

What about lx-qt?

Started by Dryman, June 25, 2014, 03:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dryman

I've been playing around a bit with Lubuntu and lx-qt (from a ppa) on my "please steal this laptop so I can buy a new one" antique (from 2005) Acer.   Lx-qt still has some rough edges but is starting to work really well and seems quicker than either razor or lxde was on the same machine.  I presume that both razor-qt and lxde will essentially go away within the next year or so.  Will lx-qt be the default desktop in Sparky?   Any plans to make a development version of it available as an option at logon?

I really like what you guys did with lxde and will be interested to see your take on lx-qt.

pavroo

I was planning to make lxqt edition on the next release means September.

I will build a testing iso next month I hope.

Anyway LXDE and Razor-Qt editions should finish their existence on the end of this year I think.  
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dhinds

Quote from: pavroo on June 25, 2014, 04:15:27 PM
I was planning to make lxqt edition on the next release means September.

I will build a testing iso next month I hope.

Anyway LXDE and Razor-Qt editions should finish their existence on the end of this year I think.

Will Openbox still be the Window Manager?

(The new Forum Software is working just fine - better than before).

pavroo

It should be, it's the best option by now.

MoroS

I've been testing LXQt for some time. It has it's problems (like Chromium problems when maximizing), but overall it's quite stable. The default WM is OpenBox which is a bit more enhanced with Qt extensions. It would be good to do a thorough testing (even the basic cases like window operations, virtual desktop support, etc.) of LXQt before releasing. It also seems that it's not to comfortable with many monitors (although LXDE it's comfortable with them also).
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

butch

moin, moin

LX-qt is out now.
And i'm really looking forward to that.
Do you have an update of your work and progress?

( By the way, could you implement the downlod of language packs for iceweasel, icedove, etc. according to he system language. I installed sparky a few times and have do it manually every time..)

PS. I made a donation, right now. maybe it will force the work...  ;)

thanks and greetings

pavroo

Thank's for donation.
There is a tool for what you need.
Open Sparky-APTus-> Install tab-> Install language packages

configX

Quote from: pavroo on June 25, 2014, 04:15:27 PM

If we use the LXDE flavor of Sparky, will we eventually see LXQt next year after a distro upgrade or something? I'm just curious if I would need to do a fresh install or not.

pavroo

One of the Debian developers (LXDE dev) said that LXDE will be available in Debian 8 Jessie stable but will be removed from Debian 9 (next testing). Don't know what about Razor-Qt but I thing it can be the same. So when it will happen I will drop both of the above editions and you will upgrade your installation to lxqt as I did with e18 and e19 (from e17). It's a part of my plan now but it should be done.

configX

I'm in no hurry to use LXQt but I was curious how that would work. Thanks for the info.

View the most recent posts on the forum