Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

SparkyLinux 3.4 e18 x86_64 Mesa Driver

Started by 599, June 11, 2014, 12:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,

i am using Sparkylinux since a couple of days with the Enlightenment 18 Environment.

I tested a couple of distributions but Sparkylinux catched me so i installed it.

I noticed that watching Videos on Youtube with google-chrome-stable and the pre-installed iceweasel is not really smooth there are like lines when the videocontent moves fast. Even changing websites its not smooth.

To test it i installed KDE and there are no problems like that the videos are really smooth there.

As per ddm the system using the intel driver because i have an Intel graphic chip in my notebook, trying to change to vesa driver dont work because after a reboot its still set to intel.

I tried to enable OpenGL but i get the message:

Quote:

Your display driver does not support OpenGl, or no OpenGL engines were compiled or installed for Evas or Ecore-Evas. Falling back to software engine.

Running glxinfo:

Quote:

glxinfo | grep -E 'OpenGL|direct'

throws:

Quote:

direct rendering: Yes

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.4

OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

OpenGL extensions:

KInfoCenter shows that KDE is using Mesa.

Also i noticed that developing Android Apps using the Eclipse ADT Bundle isnt really fun in enlightenment, there are a lot of graphic lags, sometimes Infoboxes just disappear and stuff like that. Using Eclipse in KDE works just fine.

So anybody got an idea what i can do to make Enlightenment "smooth"?

Best regards

sepz

View the most recent posts on the forum