Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

GameOver

Started by Oroborous82, June 09, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oroborous82

Sparky "GameOver" is a gold mine for gamers..This should spark a lot of attention too from gamers especially that it has Steam.  You got to add to description that this is a distro for Gamers so people know a lot of folks might not figure it out.

pavroo

There is "- special gaming edition: GameOver" on the home page.

You think should be something more?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

BeDucky

Some months ago I tried to get GamingOnLinux.com to do an entry on the 3.2 GameOver release to get Sparky some much deserved attention, but they declined on the basis that the information on it was too dispersed.  The 3.4 release seems to have all the relevant information all on the announcement page, so that problem seems to have been overcome.  Would you, pavoo, like to take a second run at GamingOnLinux?  Would you prefer I do it?  Or would you rather it not be done at all?

In any case, many thanks to you.

pavroo

Hi
It'll be nice if you could do that so more people can find out more about GameOver.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

BluPhenix316

I've been using it for the past week and I really like it. Though there are a few quips. One PlayOnLinux didn't work, but I managed to get that fixed with some fumbling about, and I reported it here, and I think you guys fixed that issue. Another is I tried to like LXDE but I just couldn't. Especially LXTerminal not wanting to remember my settings. However, some people like it and that opinion is just subjective. Sides a simple sudo apt-get install xfce4 xfce4-goodies got me into a DE i prefer. The only thing that I think could use some attention to though is GPU Drivers. I installed my nvidia drivers by hand because I didn't see a tool to do it. On inspection I think you guys do have a tool but I didn't know about it until afterwards. For a gaming distro drivers should be of importance. Maybe I missed some documentation somewhere. I probably could have done a bit more research. I just know the nouveau drivers kinda suck for nvidia gaming. Still it was easy enough to install the drivers and get them working. I'm just thinking of someone coming to this distro without that much experience. All in all though it has been a great experience, and i'm continuing to use it, even on my daily usage desktop.

BeDucky

Unfortunately, Liam (the owner of GamingOnLinux.com) has declined to do a piece on GameOver.  This is a bummer.

View the most recent posts on the forum