Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

(Solved) Logout Dialog Inop After Last Upgrade

Started by frogprince, April 11, 2014, 05:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frogprince

A new twist. After my last apt-get dist-upgrade update, I cannot shut down my laptop with the log out dialog box. When I try, I get an error message:

GDBus.Error:Org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.Child Exited:Launch Helper exited with unknown return code (1)

I get this same error message when attempting shut down or log out, but not with suspend. But suspend doesn't work, it just

logs me out and brings up gdm with a request for user name and password.

Is this a Debian error, an LXDE error, or something I did? Thanks in advance.

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

pavroo

Quote:

Pavroo: Looks like I spoke a little too quickly. When I first rebooted, everything worked. I came back after lunch to work on the laptop, and everything seemed to boot normally. But when I tried to suspend the lap top afterward, it reverted to the gdm login screen. Clicking on the power switch icon in the upper right corner brought down the dialog box, but clicking on "suspend" did nothing. Opening LXDE again brought up the desktop with the networking shut off and no response when I tried to restart it.

Try:

Code:

apt-get install -f
dpkg --configure -a
apt-get install systemd systemd-sysv

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

frogprince

Pavroo: Know what? You are really, really good. Problem solved.

Thanks!

frogprince

Pavroo: Silly me! I had cut and pasted the terminal output into a text file for reference, looked at it and thought about it for a few minutes, and ran:

apt-get autoremove

and now everything seems to be working. I just had multiple files for the system to access, and it did....~(:^/)=....

I found your recent interview on the web. Very positive and impressive. Enjoy the weekend with your family.

iamtheoneorg

hey frogprince thanks for mentioning the interview, i want saw it, very interesting

View the most recent posts on the forum