Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky-Linux + Fluxbox

Started by vrkalak, August 14, 2014, 01:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vrkalak

I  downloaded and installed --  SparkyLinux (Lxde) then, I added and installed Fluxbox WM.

I am, one of the Debian-Maintainer for the Fluxbox WM packages.

As an avid Fluxbox WM user ... SparkyLinux (Debian-Testing) works well with my  Fluxbox WM.   8)

The Fluxbox Window Manager is closely based on Blackbox WM.

Fluxbox WM and Openbox WM - can use the xorg-system-core, with NO desktop environment.   Much like what Crunchbang and Archbang have done.

Fluxbox is still closely based on Blackbox.   Some say that, Fluxbox is the natural progression of Blackbox.   Fluxbox is a basic Blackbox;  with a few more things added for user-friendliness.   Not to take anything away from the base-Blackbox build ... the BB-Devs did an awesome job.   I use many of the BB scripts,  themes/styles and apps with Fluxbox -- they seems to be pretty much forward and backward compatible.

Openbox, was also, based on Blackbox but has grown more separate from the BB-base, with using and building it's own configs and apps.   Although, Openbox seems to be growing in popularity, with more Linux OS-distro systems using Openbox - as the default Window Manager.

way12go

I too installed it. But, it takes a while to get to open a particular application. For example to open Ice Weasel you need to go to programs, network etc; Also google chrome was not there but chromium is.

LxDE takes around 205 MB RAM

where as

FluxBox takes 126 MB RAM when no application except task manager is opened.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

View the most recent posts on the forum