Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

SparkyLinux + Cinnamon

Started by massexy, December 04, 2013, 09:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massexy

Hi!

First of all, congratulations on getting into the top 20 of Distrowatch list, you really took them by storm! I guess it had to do with presenting the best Debian testing derivative around with multiple options. I also find your own programs to be very useful.

Have you considered being the first one to offer Debian Testing with Cinnamon as the DE? Of course, your competition there would be LMDE, but it is well known that their upgrades don't happen very often and many users become impatient. I tried it in an install I had with MATE and it's awesome, I think it would be very popular now that Cinnamon is completely forked from Gnome.

All the best!

Hugo Masse (from Mexico)

The Black Pig

Hi Hugo and welcome , cant answer but you never know what's in the offing !

pavroo

Hi Hugo

Thank's for your kind words.

Talking about Cinnamon - honestly I don't think that I can do it, the same as GNOME or KDE. The3 desktops are pretty heavy - Sparky motto says "light and fast", but...

Even I am not a big fan of GNOME, KDE and Cinnamon but I understand that other people are.

To find compromise I've been working on a new app called "Sparky Desktop Manager".

It lets install most DE with "Sparky touch" via one/two clicks.

Regards

pavroo
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

massexy

Hi, The Black-Pig, thanks for your welcome. Now that I think of it, perhaps I should have introduce myself in the proper place first, right? Sorry.

Pavroo:

Thanks for your reply. That Desktop Manager sounds like an awesome idea! Meanwhile, I'm learning a bit more trying to compile Cinnamon 2.0 from github... I liked the Trinity version but I didn't know how to connect to the wifi at home. Maybe that question belongs elsewhere, too... Allright, I'll be more orderly from now on! Cheers!!

pavroo

Trinity: run wicid icon from bottom panel. Open "Preferences" and type "wlan0" in Network Interfaces-> Wireless interface field. Then click on Refresh button.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

mars

hi
a cinnamon version would be welcome as is is much faster than mate on our systems

View the most recent posts on the forum