Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[SOLVED] Sparky Mate Not Upgrading

Started by dhinds, November 12, 2013, 11:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhinds

I am getting my work done with Sparky but have received no notifications of available upgrades, although I have Sparky configured to check for upgrades daily.

This is true whether I am logged in as root (most of the time) or as a user.

I assume I can upgrade using a terminal and will look for the code I should type to accomplish that in these archives, but if someone will post it here, I will thank them.

TIA

(I have had no real problems with Sparky for the past 3 weeks).

The solution was simple:

apt-get update

and

apt-get upgrade

It will be done in a minute and then I'll post this edit if there are no problems.

350 additions were downloaded are are being installed with no problems so far.  I have 173971 files installed on this laptap.

A problem with Grub is present:

"The GRUB boot loader was previously installed to a disk that is no longer present, or whose unique identifier has changed for some reason.

t is important to make sure that the installed GRUB core image stays in sync with GRUB modules and grub.cfg.

Please check again to make sure that GRUB is written to the appropriate boot devices.

If you're unsure which drive is designated as boot drive by your BIOS, it is often a good idea to install GRUB to all of them".

That is not a problem for me since I have two disk drives and Sparky is not on the boot drive, which is how I want it.  I can either use a Super Grub2 disk or choose the Sparky drive from the laptop's own boot menu (which doesn't always work - sometimes the Win7 Pro Recovery Partition kicks in, instead of the ThinkPad's Boot Menu - which let's me choose which hard drive I want to boot from).

I don't appear to have lost anything after the updates and upgrades, so I'll go ahead and post this.

rayman3264

I believe this grub problem isnt a problem its a by-product of your multi-disc-&-multi-boot setup ..

View the most recent posts on the forum