Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

cant install Gameover 3.2

Started by Ford_Prefect, January 06, 2014, 12:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Prefect

Hello.

I have tried to install Sparkylinux Gameover 3.2 64 bit, but the installer doesn' t recognize my swap space and exits.

The system is a Athlon II 3 Ghz, 4 Gb ram, 500 Gb hard disk.

I tried installing from usb and dvd, but no luck.

Is there a way around this?

pavroo

This is a known bug. In some cases the installer does not recognize any partition. We work on it.

Can you try install Sparky from DVD with all USB disks plugged off?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

Ford_Prefect

I tried installing from dvd with no usb sticks plugged in, i even removed my usb cardreader.

The partitions are set up alright, but the installer still can't find my swap partition.

rayman3264

hi i was wondering what system you created the partitions in & were they setup encrypted ? has i know i have had encrypted ferdora installs before that had to be completely deleted and new ones setup to install.

Ford_Prefect

I completely removed all my partitions (this is my test system) and created new ones, no encryption here.

This system always worked fine with different linux installs, Ubuntu, Mint, i even had Steamos installed on it.

Clarkyboy

When I first tried installing sparky, I found the gparted reset my swap partition to 1M instead of 1G.. Try re-installing and see what happens - I finally succeeded

rayman3264

i have heard of this before elsewhere try using a different distro from dvd partition the drive with swap and ext4 then reboot using sparky ,,... you may have to try both with and without formating before using sparky

Ford_Prefect

I tried repartitioning the drive with Gparted from the Ultimate boot cd.

The partitions are set up right, but still no go, the installer stops at detecting the swap partition.

I also tried installing on a different  system, a Athlon 64 3000, socket 754 with 2 Gb ram and a Geforce 7600, also no luck

I am giving up for now, i installed Linux mint KDE without trouble.

I wonder if anyone succeeded at installing somehow, i have some experience with Linux, but this bug is a real show stopper for me.

Synister

hi yall

If I remember correctly in the gpart app there is an option to reformat the hard drive. I had this same problem n just started pushing buttons :) It took 5 hours to reformat 500g but then sparky went on faster than other OS's I've tried. And btw, the instructions on using gpart are the best I was able to find anywhere. Hope this helps.

Sorry, am now on my second cup of coffee and my gray matter is working a little better. Now that I'm thinking :) I believe I started a live session then went to disk management and reformatted from there.

sl43

why would i get this message while trying to open the sparky installer? using live dvd and not logged in as root.

failed to run /usr/bin/sparkylinux-installer 'gui' as

user root

unable to copy the users xauthorization file

pavroo

Did you just click on the installer icon on the desktop or did you try to run it in a text console?

sl43

i tried both.. i get that message when clicking the icon. text mode doesnt recognize my partitions and i didnt want my /home in root

pavroo

Is it 32 or 64 bit iso?

Problem with partitions recognizing is still during solving.

It happens on some machines not everyone.

sl43

Quote:

Quote from pavroo on February 15, 2014, 15:59

Is it 32 or 64 bit iso?

Problem with partitions recognizing is still during solving.

It happens on some machines not everyone.

im trying to use the 32bit version

pavroo

The problem with partitions recognizing is known and not fixed yet.

The second problem with launching the installer - looks like your copy of the iso can be broken.

View the most recent posts on the forum